“Kundalini (Sanskrit kuṇḍalinī, कुण्डलिनी, About this sound pronunciation ) stems from yogic philosophy as a form of shakti or “corporeal energy”. Kundalini is described within Eastern religious, or spiritual tradition as an indwelling spiritual energy that can be awakened in order to purify the subtle system and ultimately to bestow the state of Yoga, or divine union upon the seeker of truth “. The Yoga Upanishads describe Kundalini as lying “coiled” at the base of the spine, represented as either a goddess or sleeping serpent waiting to be awakened. In modern commentaries, Kundalini has been called an unconscious, instinctive or libidinal force.”
By SRI SWAMI SIVANANDA
1. You know that kundalini has awakened in your body when, during meditation, you experience something other-worldly. That could be divine visions, smells you never smelled before, a blissful taste or hearing sounds you never heard before.
2. When you feel sensations in your root chakra or when your body hairs are involuntarily raised, this again shows that your kundalini energy has been awakened.
3. When you want to do yogic body locks naturally, even though you never did them before, this is one of the kundalini awakening symptoms. Such involuntary body locks could be sucking out the air of your stomach, raising the air up the root chakra or resting the chin on the chest.
4. The breath stops without any effort in people whose kundalini shakti is awake.
5. When you feel currents of energy rising up in your body and they feel pleasant, know this is due to the kundalini energy.
6. When you experience bliss and the mantra “om” (or “aum”) chant comes naturally to you, these are the kundalini awakening symptoms.
7. When you get blank mind (without any thoughts), this is again caused by the awakened kundalini shakti.
8. When, during meditation, your eyes naturally focus in the third eye chakra, that’s a kundalini awakening sign.
9. When you feel vibrations of energy in different parts of your body and you get involuntary jerks that feel like electricity shocks, know that kundalini is awake in you.
10. When, during meditation, your body loses importance until you don’t feel it at all, this is caused by kundalini energy.
11. One of the kundalini awakening symptoms is not being able to open eyes after meditation, according to the author (this, however, I’ve never experienced, although at times I was unwilling to open my eyes because it’s so pleasant to meditate).
12. When electric currents flow up and down in your body, it’s the sign of an awakened kundalini energy.
13. If you get inspiration and insight as a result of meditation, this happens due to the active kundalini shakti in your body.
14. When the nature shows you her secrets and your doubts disappear, it’s a sign of awakened kundalini.
15. When you understand the meaning of spiritual texts that’s a sure symptom of awakened kundalini.
16. When you feel as though your body is light like air and you possess inexhaustible energy, that’s because of the kundalini that’s active.
17. A sure symptom of awakened kundalini is your ability to remain calm when catastrophic/negative conditions present themselves.
18. When you experience divine bliss, the bliss that can’t be explained in words, this is due to the kundalini that’s awake in you.
19. When you get the power of public speaking, that’s because the kundalini shakti has risen up your chakras.
20. When you perform yogic postures naturally, without the least pain and without getting tired, that’s because the kundalini is awakened.
21. When you start composing beautiful poems without any effort (as though it’s coming not from you), this is one of the kundalini awakening symptoms.